Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gus and Gertrude are burning the midnight oil...

Okay, so here's a little of my quirkiness...my embroidery machines have names. "Gus" is the older of the two...the name comes from the days of Julia enjoying watching Cinderella. "Gertrude" is the younger sister to "Gus"...at the time, Julia thought it needed a girl "G" name, and that's all we could come up with. Silly, I know, but Gus and Gertrude have their own personalities (ha!)...and having names has not only made it easier to remember which parts go with which machine, but the names have personalized them a bit. A wee bit. Just enough to keep me from chunking one out the back door when it eats a project! So, enough of my quirkiness...at least now you know "who" I'm referring to in the title of this post.

G&G have been working hard today. I've just finished up for the day, about midnight-thirty-ish and thought I'd post a couple new pics before going to bed. Since I'm at the computer editing photos without little helpers. :) This week has been mostly embroidery...several things that are old faithful repeats, like my husband's work shirts, but I have done just a couple new things.

Be on the look out next week for a couple new outfits...I've had a new dress pattern for a while that I'm dying to try out!! So cute!!

Happy Friday!
Paula

P.S.--Julia's only 5, but thought she HAD to have a keychain...for when she has keys herself. This is hers below, that's why it doesn't have a ring on it.





1 comment:

Jenny Sipes said...

Oh I want a keychain...let me know what information you need..please